Author Topic: Export of a model into a transition (or process)  (Read 14499 times)

Offline dmutz

• View Profile
Export of a model into a transition (or process)
« on: April 30, 2013, 17:15 »
Hello,

in Umberto 5.6 it was possible to export a whole subnet or a whole calculated net into a spreadsheet, which you could import into a single transition and use this transition as a new one through export this transition.

I couldn't find a similar function in Umberto NXT LCA yet. Is there any possibility to create such a transition from exporting a spread sheet of a calculated net?

Kind regards!

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Export of a model into a transition (or process)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:39 »
Hello dmutz,

export of inventory data is possible via the 'Export Inventories' button on the Inventories tab. An import of a process specification from an Excel table is not available yet in Umberto NXT LCA. This is mainly due to the required assignment of flow names in the Excel file to existing project materials.

I suggest that you use the Module Gallery instead. For a single procesess, just copy&paste the process into the Module Gallery to be able to use it in another model. For sections of a model that include several processes, you can open a subnet and copy the whols structure into the subnet. Then go up one level and copy&paste the subnet process into the Module Gallery.

------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline dmutz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:54 »
Thank you for your quick reply!

The reason for the question was to merge the inventory data by exporting from a subnet and importing into a single transition. In that specific case, I want to create different Electricity Mix for specific cases. Thus, by copying the whole subnet, I think it will paste and calculate the whole module (and furthermore about 13 times the same material for each transition such as wind power, photovoltaic mix, hard coal etc.).

However, the copy&paste function through Module Gallery is a good way! Thank you so far.

As you said "not available yet", is it intended to implement such an import function with excel files?

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 13:48 »
I am glad that the subnet and storing to the Module Gallery is a solution for you.

As you said "not available yet", is it intended to implement such an import function with excel files?

Maybe via Excel, but possibly also in another more robust way (e.g. a feature to write&store a Process Specification from the model directly.
We'll see ... there are many features still in the queue to be rolled out.
------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH