Author Topic: Classical Import  (Read 6124 times)

Offline lobr

• View Profile
Classical Import
« on: April 26, 2013, 13:28 »
Hello,
I´m very new in Umberto and I´m working on the trial version of NXT LCA (sorry to have put the post in the wrong board!) at the moment. So please excuse my potentially simple question:
How do I import datasets (simple linear input/output process specifications) from free database like ProBas? Which toolbar do I have to use? Supposed I don't have the econinvent database yet.
Thank you

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Classical Import
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 13:42 »
Hello lobr,

thanks for your post. At present there is no simple and direct import of process specifications (in this case linear input/output specifications) in Umberto NXT LCA.

Such a feature is foreseen on the development roadmap at a later stage. While the import itself might seem simple (and could for example be based on an Excel-style grid), in the background materials must be added (and/or matched to existing materials), material units must be matched/added, and impact assessment factors must be supplemented. So - unfortunately - it is not a simple straight forward approach to realize such an import feature.

On the other hand we could supply third party databases as an additional master database in Umberto NXT LCA. This would be much easier, since we can run the original data through our importing components, and handle all consistency and plausibility checks there. Supplying third-party databases is subject to licensing by the original data provider. We will keep you informed about new third-party databases we are planning to include as master databases in Umberto NXT LCA.

------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH