Author Topic: Landfill module  (Read 7471 times)

Offline eskerikia

• View Profile
Landfill module
« on: October 01, 2009, 17:04 »
Hi,

I\'m trying to understand domestic landfill module in UMBERTO library and I have a problem with this formula:

;dif. SW-Emissionen aus dem Hausmüll über den Wassergehalt Müll u. d. Wasserrückhaltefaktor über die Jahre
SWM1 = L01*L02*0.5*1.25*0.24+(0.24*L01*30/100*30/100)

I believe that such formula is related to leachate diffuse emission, from waste mass. I do not understand what is the numbers, what do they refer. Does someone knows what they mean?

Thank You!

Ana Pires

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Landfill module
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:24 »
Your inquiry has been forwarded to the maker of the landfill module (ifeu Institut für Energie- und Umweltforschung Heidelberg).
------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline knunes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 21:00 »
Oi Ana,

dif. SW-Emissionen aus dem Hausmüll über den Wassergehalt Müll u. d. Wasserrückhaltefaktor über die Jahre

A traducao seria mais ou menos: a difusao das emissoes dos resíduos sólidos
provenientes  do teor de umidade do lixo e do fator de retencao de umidade
através dos anos(português técnico brasileiro).

Dos valores apresentados somente o pessoal do Umberto/ Heidelberg sabem.

Att.

Katia Nunes

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 08:15 »
The colleagues from ifeu Heidelberg explained as follows:
(translation by pbeilschmidt)

It is the amount of seepage water that is created from the waste directly originating a) partly from organic decomposition and b) partly from the discharge of water bound in the waste itself:
a) is calculated using the C content that is decomposed (L01*L02*0,5), and for each kg C decomposed it is assumed that 1,25 kg water is created/discharged
b) is calculated as follows: the water content of the waste (L01*30/100), and it is assumed that again 30% of it results in a seepage water discharge.
The whole water is furthermore assigned with 24% to diffuse seepage water and with 76 % to controled (collected) seepage water. 24% and 76% are rounded values for the effective collection rate in the old situation there were 85% of landfills with seepage water collection and 90 % of the (seepage water) anount could actually be collected 0,85*0,9 = 0,765. Consequently, there were 15% of landfills without seepage water collection plus the above 10% diffuse seepage water emissions from landfills with seepage water collection which leads to the (inverse) value of 0,235
------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline eskerikia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 16:13 »
Thank you all for helping me. I have another question, please help!

In the landfill subnet, diffuse emissions from landfill go from T6 to T33. But in description of such transition it refers that the emissions are related to : \"the raw gas cleaning, the use of landfill gas by combustion (burners, high mold), the electrification of the landfill gas in gas engines, etc. Zündstrahlmotor as well as the simple burning with a torch (normal or high-temperature torch) without energy use.\" - google translation -  what means that diffuse emissions are not considered. So my question is: the emissions from diffuse landfill gas are or are not accounted? And if are, in which transition?

Thank you!

Ana Pires

Offline eskerikia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:10 »
Just one more issue: the same thing happens to leachate diffuse emissions, they also go to the leachate treatment.