Author Topic: EuP database & Linux Version  (Read 4482 times)

Offline CRTE

• View Profile
EuP database & Linux Version
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:08 »
Dear Community,

just to express my personal interest in viewing a Linux (ideally Ubuntu based) version of Umberto in the next future.
Concerning supported databases, I think that the integration of the EuP one would be very profitable, given the EU directive related and the wide application that is likely to be experienced.

As already said, the integration of the US I/O database would open interesting possibilities for Umberto practitioners, making it a perfect fit for both LCA and SFA experts.

Kind Regards,

Dr.-Ing. Enrico BENETTO

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Linux Version
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 19:00 »
Dear Dr. Benetto,

thank you for this post. We have been asked a number of times already, if Umberto would be available under Linux. And I am sure our developer team would LOVE to develop such a version (many of them being Linux advocates).

However, as a private business, ifu must always consider the costs and the potential benefits in such a decision. Since the overwhelming majority of our users still run Windows systems, it is very unlikely that Umberto for Linux would be sold in large numbers. At least that is our assessment at this time.

Other Linux users out there are invited to comment.
------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH