Author Topic: Import of a NXT Efficiency Model posible?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline chasenstab

• View Profile
Import of a NXT Efficiency Model posible?
« on: June 01, 2016, 18:24 »
Hello to everybody,

I have been asked if it is possible to import a NXT Efficiency model into NXT CO2?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Christian

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import of a NXT Efficiency Model posible?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 13:26 »
Hello Christian,

it is not possible to import an Umberto model created in Umberto NXT Efficiency, into the smaller version Umberto NXT CO2. This is because the material and energy flow models in Umberto NXT Efficiency can contain cost data, which is something not available in Umberto NXT CO2.

Also, please keep in mind, that the models typically differ in regard to the setup: While in Umberto NXT CO2 you probably would build a product life cycle model to calculate the carbon footprint of a product, the perspective of the model in Umberto NXT Efficiency is on the material and energy flows and the associated costs within the company or a group of companies, and the company's activities e.g. within a business year. 

BTW, you know that there is carbon footprint data also in Umberto NXT Efficiency? Why do you want to import the model into NXT CO2 at all?

------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline chasenstab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 14:56 »
Hello Peter,
thanks for the quick reply!
The necessitiy is exactly because of the carbon footprint data en Umberto NXT Efficiency...
Doing a carbon footprint in NXT Efficiency, one is missing the GWP-Sankey options that are available in NXT CO2... And in both it would be nice to have a possiblity to export the detailed emission raw data to Excel like in NXT LCA...
It would be really nice if it was possible to simply exchange model definitions between all the Umberto Versions. I know that there are cost data or user defined funtions that are not available in all versions, but maybe they could just be ignored?
Surely I am not a representative user, because I am giving a lot of trainings, but the question already arose several times.
Best regards, Christian

Offline mprox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 16:58 »
Hi Christian,

In Umberto NXT Efficiency there is a all functionality of Umberto NXT CO2 integrated in including the GWP-Sankey (last entry in the "Sankey-Dropdown-Menue). So I wonder why you came across the problem that it is not available. could it be an old Umberto NXT Efficiency version, which does not yet include Carbon Footprinting?

Currently there is no plan to include the extended export from Umberto NXT LCA and Universal to CO2 or Efficiency, the price difference is also justified with such differences in functionality.

It's clear that it would be nice from a consultants perspective to exchange between all versions to reduce double work. Currently this is not possible, as most clients work only with one Umberto version, it is under discussion, if for consultants, a "save as" Umberto NXT xxx project is implemented to support this special request from trainers and consultants, but it's not yet decided and so no release plan for this functionality is available.

Please check with the latest Umberto NXT Efficiency Version if there is no GWP-Sankey it should be there!

Best regards,
Martina
Best Regards / Herzliche Grüße

Martina Prox
ifu Hamburg