Author Topic: Dynamic modeling with Umberto Nxt Efficiency  (Read 3409 times)

Offline gmassard

• View Profile
Dynamic modeling with Umberto Nxt Efficiency
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:21 »
Dear Umberto users and developers,

I'm now using the new version of Umberto NXT 7.1 for modeling production lines. In the former version 5, dynamic modeling was possible. I can't find it in the 7.1.
I read on the forum in 2013 that the next "version" or "update" would integrate it!

Where do we stand?

Dynamic modeling is very powerful!

Thank you for your answers!

Best

Guillaume Massard

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic modeling with Umberto Nxt Efficiency
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:41 »
Hello Guillaume,

you have a point there ... 'Dynamic Modelling' (here: iterative solving of loops) is a much used and appreciated feature in Umberto. It is extremely helpful when modelling process systems with loops and dependencies, as I could experience myself when working with Umberto in a PVC producing plant.

The dynamic modelling feature is definitely on the development roadmap for 2015. There are already two planned Umberto NXT Efficiency releases (the first likely to happen in December 2014, a set of usability improvements), one in Q1/2015. But I can not tell at this stage whether dynamic modelling will make it into the Q1/2015 release.

Are you interested to be a beta tester for this feature in Umberto NXT? Should you wish to volunteer, we would much appreciate it. Please contact me via support@umberto.de 
------------------------
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
myUmberto Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline gwong

• View Profile
Re: Dynamic modeling with Umberto Nxt Efficiency
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 15:22 »
Dear Umberto users and developers,

I'm now using the new version of Umberto NXT 7.1 for modeling production lines. In the former version 5, dynamic modeling was possible. I can't find it in the 7.1.
I read on the forum in 2013 that the next "version" or "update" would integrate it!

Where do we stand?

Dynamic modeling is very powerful!

Thank you for your answers!

Best

Guillaume Massard

Hello there,

I am currently working on a LCA using Umberto NXT Universal.
I have noticed that dynamic modelling is still not available in 2017.
Did you get any alternative solution for dynamic modelling ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated and thank.

Best regards,
George