Author Topic: Sensitivity/Monte Carlo analysis feature?  (Read 6037 times)

Offline rebeccamae

• View Profile
Sensitivity/Monte Carlo analysis feature?
« on: February 24, 2014, 21:04 »
Hi,

How do NXT LCA users typically run a sensitivity analysis? Is there Monte Carlo analysis feature?
Thanks-
Rebecca LeBlanc

Offline mramacher

• View Profile
Re: Sensitivity/Monte Carlo analysis feature?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 15:19 »
Hi Rebecca,

right now there is no Monte Carlo analysis feature integrated in Umberto NXT LCA. And we can not promise that this feature will be integrated in Umberto NXT this year - BUT it will definitely become a feature in Umberto NXT.

What you can do now is:
1. Use parameters to integrate uncertainty factors in your process specifications.
2. Calculate your model with different sets of parameters (which describe your uncertainty).
3. Export the results to excel and.
4. Use Pivot Tables to evaluate the sensitivity.

I hope this answer will help you.

Best Regards,

Martin

Offline vnorberg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 16:45 »
Hello,

I am writing you, hoping that a Monte Carlo feature is available by now since I found this download at ifu Hamburg's hompage:
"Erneuerbare Energien: Monte-Carlo-Simulationen für die Unsicherheitsbewertung des Potenzials zur Reduzierung von Treibhausgasen
Anja Hansen, Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik Potsdam-Bornim. Anwendungsbeispiel für die Monte-Carlo-Simulation in Umberto.

http://www.ifu.com/de/download-center/umberto/wissen/getviewcategory/?tx_abdownloads_pi1%5Bcategory_uid%5D=28&tx_abdownloads_pi1%5Bcid%5D=4771

Unfortunately, I cannot find any more information about Monte Carlo in Umberto NXT

Thank you,

Victor Norberg

Offline uniquename

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:01 »
Hi Victor,

the slides that you found show a study which was conducted with Umberto 5.5.
As far as I know, it is not planned to integrate the feature in Umberto NXT in the near future. Using parameters and conducting a scenario analysis makes it possible to adress sensitivity issues.

Anyways, I will forward your request towards the developers.
Kind Regards