Author Topic: Alternative Production Processes  (Read 33674 times)

Offline user1234

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Alternative Production Processes
« on: July 11, 2019, 19:00 »
I want to model several different process alternatives for a production process in one model. I have different machines, that produce the same product but differ for example in power usage. I want to assess what influence it has if one machine produces for example 0%, 50% or 100% of the demand and the other machine the rest. As there is another production process afterwards, I don't know the exact amount of output that is needed from the alternative processes.

The only solution for the model to calculate i have found so far, was to assign a manual flow to one machine alternative. The other machine would then be calculated automatically. However it is not possible to use percentages with manual flows.

Is there another way to do this?


Offline T.Steinert

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Production Processes
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 15:21 »
Dear user1234,
Thank you so much for turning to us.
In the appendix there is a small model (latest version / .zip), which should answer your question. There it is possible to specify via a parameter N01 how much should be cleaned via the process "Cleaning M1". The rest flows through the process "Clean M2". In the attached model only a manual flow is given.

Best regards
Tobias Steinert
Research & Consulting
ifu hamburg GmbH

Offline user1234

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Production Processes
« Reply #2 on: Today at 15:13 »
Thank you! Works like a charm :)

Offline user1234

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Production Processes
« Reply #3 on: Today at 15:35 »
However, I'm still having trouble understanding how the cost matrix is calculated. I thought the share of material loss, products etc. where calculated with the chosen allocation method and together should add up to the "total in this QC".

In my network I source my intermediates for T2 from two different processes (Share is 50 from both T1 and T6). The shares for material losses and intermediates only add up to 74% of the total costs. Where are the other 26% allocated to?
For the same network but 100% of intermediates for T2 sourced from T1 all the shares add up as expected.

I have attached the cost matrix for both scenarios and a screen shot of the network.